Replacing your roof can be avoided when you recognize the signs of necessary roof repairs before it’s too late. If you notice any of the following signs of disrepair or just want the peace of mind of an expert’s opinion, call us today to schedule your free consultation.
1) Ceiling spots – Ceiling spots are the most noticeable signs that indicate a need for roof repair. If you are seeing water on the ceiling inside your home, call us immediately for a consultation. We will check the interior and exterior of your home to find the source of the leak and recommend the best resolution.
2) Damaged Flashing – Flashing prevents the passage of water into your home through cracks or joints in the construction of your roof. If your flashing is damaged, inappropriately installed, or cracked, leaks are probable and will eventually happen.
3) Missing Shingles – Shingles can go missing due to weather or improper securing during installation.
4) Buckling and Curling Spots – Shingles can become warped due to improper fastening or weather. They can buckle or curl at the edges leaving your roof exposed to the elements.
5) Blistering – Blistering is caused by moisture or the overuse of asphalt plastic cement during the installation of your shingles. This can cause a problem if neglected.
6) Algae Growth – Algae growth is an unsightly build-up of airborne algae attached to your roofing shingles. It does not affect the overall life of your roof, however, it does affect the appearance of it. Some regions offer algae resistant shingles. Make sure to inquire about these special shingles if you’ve noticed algae growth on your roof.
7) Missing Granules – Roofing shingles are coated in sand-like granules. These granules protect your shingles from the environment. Some granule loss is normal, however, an abundance of it can contribute to roof leaks.
8) Rotting – Rotting of shingles is a major cause of roof leaks. This could indicate a need to replace some or all of the matting underneath the shingles.
If your roof is 13-15 years old or is showing any of the above warning signs, it is important to have your roof inspected immediately to protect your home from further damage. If neglected, small roofing issues can become large, costly roofing issues. Click for more roofing services or call now for your free consultation and no-obligation roof analysis!